Friday 18 August 2017

Dearest Owen.

It's now just over two weeks since you were taken from this crazy world and, as I sit here typing this, I'm currently listening to a few of our favourite songs, including some of the Swedish stuff, and reminiscing over the good times we shared together.

I was there when we said goodbye to you for the last time. I held your hand and still prayed for you to wake up, even when I knew there was no chance of you ever coming back to us. You held on for three days but your body couldn't take any more.

You just gave up.

It hurts.

And I still miss you.

Saying goodbye was the hardest thing any of us have ever had to do. You don't expect to go on holiday and lose a friend at the same time. That schweinhund took you away from me and it hurts even more knowing I'll never see you again. I need you in my life and I know that isn't possible any more.

My heart is still aching.

And broken.

We gave you a good send-off a week ago. That was hard too. We'll be scattering you over the Mersey soon, just as you wanted, and I promise I'll never ever forget you. Whenever I see something funny, especially whilst watching Eurovision, I'll always remember your smile, and your laughter, and remember all the good times.

So, for the last time, here's a little message from me to you:

Jag älskar dig, Owen, och jag kommer att sakna dig.

Alltid. 

All my love,

Lucy AKA 'Toffee Luce'. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment